We can’t escape this connection, even when we turn our backs, it is there.
Our thoughts control our lives.
All our decisions are based on thoughts, but we can learn to control how we think. To understand this you must know that positive thinking is a choice we need to make day after day.
Thinking about food makes our mouths water, a happy thought makes us smile—and the simple act of smiling releases hormones and endorphins in the body which can help depression…But you knew that, didn’t you?
Negative thoughts cause chemical stress on the body and release the toxic stress hormone cortisol.
- It affects our bodies by causing tension on muscles and pulling joints and vertebrae out of alignment.
- Hunching our shoulders and body keeps us from fully oxygenating our lungs, and cancer thrives where oxygen is deprived.
- Lack of oxygen also causes a lack of energy and vitality (our bodies burn oxygen as fuel).
Good health starts with recognizing the body-mind-spirit connection.
It starts in the mind…
- Our body’s cells take on the disposition of what we are thinking.
- You cannot control change, but you can control your attitude or perception of things—the “angle” at which you look at those things.
Change your angle and your perception will change—and then your attitude will follow.
The next healthy step is Hydration-Take Care Of Your Body
Drink up! Water is the most important element in life. The body cannot function without water.
- Mineral-rich water conducts electricity, and the brain communicates to the rest of the body by sending electrical signals through the nerves.
- Even the three main ways the body detoxifies (breath, urine, and sweat) all need water.
Your daily water quota is one liter (35 oz) per 50 pounds of body weight. (Yes, you read that right). Multiply your weight times 35, and that’s how many ounces of water you’ll need to drink in 24 hrs.
- Often our bodies confuse hunger with thirst…so hydrating suppresses your appetite.
- You can boost your weight loss and health by hydrating adequately.
We were not meant to be sedentary creatures…
Being overweight creates so many health problems…
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Joint problems
Is that snack worth it?
Get More Sleep
Your body needs 7 to 9 hours of sleep every night. The truth is that when we don’t get enough sleep we make bad choices and do stupid things…
- Eat too much
- Drink too much
- Get stressed out
- Make poor decisions.
Take Some Time To Relax
I know, easier said than done if you have a family! (But do it anyway).
- Spend a few minutes alone contemplating all the good things that you still have in your life, go sit somewhere outdoors and enjoy nature, take some time to meditate or just practice your breathing.
- Taking some time away from it all to relax and lower your stress level is a must for both your physical and mental health.
- When you’re stressed, your body is constantly in panic mode. Hormone levels are high, blood pressure is high, stomach acids begin churning.
- When you’re stressed, your body starts preparing for a fight or flight moment. It knows something bad is happening and it wants to be ready.
DO A SKIN AND BODY CHECK. Just DO it, please?
- Check your skin and body regularly for lumps, rashes, sores, discolorations, limitations, and other changes.
- Do checks during and after bathing.
- Take note of other changes such as those related to urine or bowel habits, thirst, hunger, fatigue, discharge, vision, and weight. If you find or experience anything suspicious, see your healthcare professional